Thursday, June 23, 2011

Week 10: Class Highlights

Before JOUR 2, I was familiar with the different kinds of media, but I didn't really understand how they came to be and the business behind them. I became more literate in the distinction of the media names, so now I know that they are books, recordings, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, internet, and television. I feel that now, with this new knowledge, I can look at the media objectively, in an educated way. Instead of being passive about events that happen in the media, I feel like I have an opinion. I was already familiar with the first amendment in history classes, but I came to understand media messages and media impacts. I'm sad this class is over, I really enjoyed it!

Here's a fun video that sums up media literacy.

1 comment: